Wednesday, July 8, 2009

2 Years & 2 Weeks


Wow, life has been busy. Two weeks ago I hit my 2 year anniversary. I didn't make the mini goal that I had set for myself but that's okay because this is a life journey, not just a diet. So, in 2 years, I had lost 95.6 lbs. Then life happened. Friday, June 26 was my 40th birthday and we had plans to get manicures and pedicures done for my friend, Christina's wedding. When I got to the spa I found out that she had planned a mini birthday party for me. I got 2 bouquets of balloons, cards and cake. Then I made the decision that I wasn't going to go overboard but I really wanted a really good lasagna for supper, so I did. My family went to a local Greek restaurant that makes a wonderful lasagna and it was really tasty and I enjoyed every bite of it.

On Saturday, there was a BBQ planned for all of the out of town guests for Christina's wedding. It was being held at my sister and brother-in-law's place so I was helping out as much as possible so that meant being out of the house by 9:00 am. After the BBQ was the rehearsal and dinner.



Then came the big day. If we could have placed an order for the weather, I don't think we could have done better. It was sunny but not too hot and also not too bright for pictures.



On Canada Day we went to the parade and then to my sister's place for a BBQ for my birthday with family and friends (I know we already celebrated on my birthday, but you only turn 40 once and I wanted to have friends there too). So, there were many parties during the last 2 weeks and many chances to not eat completely healthy but you know what, I had fun. So, I knew that when I went for my weigh-in today that I shouldn't expect to lose anything and that I would most likely gain some. I did, I gained 3.8 lbs, not too bad considering what I all ate in the last 2 weeks. So, now it is time to get back to basics and write down everything that I eat and bring it in for my consultant to go over.

2 comments:

The Olson's: said...

Barb,
Whether you reached your mini-goal or not, like you said, you are doing great! And considering all the socializing you did over the past 2wks, 3.8lbs isn't bad! Keep it up!
~ Leanne
PS: I love your header picture! Flowers from the wedding?!

Nettie said...

How are things going Barb.